Thu, Nov 16|
Pike Road Ag, Rec & Performing Arts Park
Cranberry Jam Session Workshop
Join us to learn how to preserve your own jams and jellies at home!
Time & Location
Nov 16, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Pike Road Ag, Rec & Performing Arts Park, 6281 Trotman Rd, Montgomery, AL 36116, USA
About the Event
On Thursday afternoon, November 16, join us for Cranberry Jam Session Agriculture & Stewardship Workshop to learn how to preserve your own jams at home right in time for the holidays under the guidance of Janet Johnson, Alabama Extension Regional Agent - Food Safety and Quality.
In this workshop particiapnts will:
- Learn proper procedures to make and presere jams and jellies at home with hands on water bath canning
- Learn about the differences between sugar concentrates such as jams, jellies, preserves, conserves, marmalades, etc.
- Get answers for any concerns regarding home food preservation
- Receive the Alabama Extension Home Preservation Book
- Take home product to share with family or as a gift for the holidays
Registration is $10 per person, which will cover the cost of materials needed for the workshop, and particiapants will leave with their own product. Follow this link to register today: https://bit.ly/Nov2023AgAndStew
Cranberry Jam Session Agriculture & Stewardship Workshop will be held from 4 – 6 p.m. at the Pike Road Agriculture, Recreation & Performing Arts Park (6281 Trotman Rd).
Cranberry Jam Session is the November installation of the 2023 Agriculture & Stewardship Seminar Series. This event is presented in partnership by the Montgomery County branch of The Alabama Cooperative Extension System and the Town of Pike Road's Ag & Stewardship Club, an ENHANCE initiative committee.