2020 Hay, Look at Us! Registration
Time & Location
About the Event
The Town of Pike Road’s annual hay bale decorating contest, “Hay, Look at Us!” is rolling into town, and all we need to get started is YOU! The Town will provide the hay bale, and you provide the creativity. Gather your Pike Road neighborhood, business, church or service organization, and complete the application (available here: https://bit.ly/3ikTSiZ) by September 25th to participate in this beloved fall tradition. We encourage you to use this opportunity to showcase your team’s unique character as you shape the masterpiece that will be your 2020 Hay, Look at Us! entry. The more people you engage, the more creative you will be, and the more fun we will ALL have!
All registration packets must be completed and returned to Town Hall or Founders Station no later than Friday, September 25th in order to receive a hay bale. Printed application packets are currently available at these locations for your convenience. Contactless application drop-off will be available at Town Hall (9575 Vaughn Road) and Founders Station (4902 Pike Road), from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Applications should be placed in the boxes marked “Hay, Look at Us! Application Drop-off” at these two locations. You will receive an email to confirm that your application has been successfully submitted. If you have any questions or need assistance through this process, please call (334) 272-9883 or email Community Involvement Coordinator Katy Brasfield at email@example.com.
There are a limited number of hay bales available, so please note the key dates below to ensure you submit your forms on time and secure your hay bale:
- Friday, September 25th: Registration forms due at either Town Hall of Founders Station, no later than 12:00 PM noon.
- September 28 – October 12: Hay bale delivery (Make sure your marker flag is in the spot you want your hay bale!)
- October 12-19: Decorate and Tell Us Your Story!*
- October 20: Hay bales will be judged. Hay bale entries must be completed prior to this date.
- October 22: Winners announced + People’s Choice Judging begins on Facebook. Be sure to place your vote by “liking” the photo of your favorite hay bale before voting closes at 10 PM on Sunday, Oct. 25.
- November 8: Please leave your hay bales decorated until this date.
- November 9-20: Hay bale pickup (unless otherwise noted on your registration form)
*Hay, Look at Us! is a great way to connect with friends and neighbors across the Town of Pike Road. We want to hear what inspired your hay bale and how you worked together to make it happen. So, let us know when you and your team are decorating! We will do our best to stop by and snap a few photos of your teamwork and creative process. We also encourage you to share your pictures and videos with us on social media - just use our hashtag, #mypikeroad, and tag @townofpikeroad on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hay, Look at Us! is an ENHANCE Initiative event made possible each year by the Neighborhood Leaders and Community Enrichment committees. We look forward to seeing your fabulous creations around Town this fall.