2021 Spring Cleanup
Time & Location
About the Event
The Spring Cleanup returns in April 2021! We are excited to host this annual beautification initiative in partnership with Alabama People Against a Littered State. The 2021 Cleanup will run throughout the month of April, and we hope you will join us in the fight against litter! TWO Spring Cleanup crews will also receive a Spring Planting Prize Pack from our local Home Depot.
Gather your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, or work alone. All you have to do is choose a location to pick up - we'll supply everything you need to help beautify our community. Is your family, neighborhood, class, organization, or business interested in participating? Let us know! Contact Community Involvement Coordinator Katy Brasfield at firstname.lastname@example.org register or to learn more. You can also call 334.272.9883.
How to Participate:
- Connect with Community Involvement Coordinator Katy Brasfield to let her know (A) Your name/the name of your group (B) The number of people who will be picking up with you so that we can prepare the right number of kits and (C) The roadway/area you have in mind to pick up. You can also provide this information at sign-in when you pick up your kit.
- We'll prepare a cleanup kit with all the supplies you will need. Kits will be available for pickup on weekdays in April (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) at Town Hall (9575 Vaughn Rd) and Founders Station (4902 Pike Rd).
- Pick up your area, and drop off your trash collections at Town Hall or Founders Station for us to dispose of. If you pick up more than one area, or if you pick up a different area than you planned, feel encouraged to let us know so that we can recognize your team with a sign in the appropriate location(s).
- Tip: Wear bright colors on your pickup day so you are more easily visible to drivers.
- Bonus Points: Share photos of your pickup crew with us on social media by using #mypikeroad and tagging @townofpikeroad! Or, email photos to email@example.com.