Fri, Sep 17|
Pike Road Town Hall or Founders Station
Hay, Look at Us! Applications Due
Join the fun as the fall-favorite Hay, Look at Us! Hay Bale Decorating Contest returns! Register your Town of Pike Road neighborhood, business or organization by Sept. 17 to participate.
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2021, 5:00 PM
Pike Road Town Hall or Founders Station, 9575 Vaughn Rd, Pike Rd, AL 36064, USA
About the Event
The Town of Pike Road’s annual community hay bale decorating contest Hay, Look at Us! is rolling into town, and all we need to get started is YOU! The town provides the hay bale, you provide the teamwork and creativity. Gather your Pike Road neighborhood, business, church or service organization, and complete the application by 5 p.m. on September 17th to participate in this fall-favorite event. Click here to access the application!
All registration packets MUST be completed and returned no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, September 17th. There are two ways to register:
- Contactless registration: Available at Town Hall (9575 Vaughn Road) and Founders Station (4902 Pike Road), weekdays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Registration tables at both locations will have all the materials needed to get started, including: (1) a basket to drop-off your application, (2) a checklist of next steps to review after submitting your application, as well as (3) the required Hay, Look at Us! entry yard signs and hay bale placement marker flags to take with you before you leave. Printed copies of the Hay Look at Us! application packets will be available at the registration tables if you would like to complete the application on-site.
- Completed applications can be scanned or photographed using your mobile device, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: If you submit your applications via email, you MUST ALSO visit the contactless registration tables at either Town Hall or Founders Station to sign the registration checklist and pick up hay bale placement marker flags and entry yard signs by 5:00 PM on Friday, September 17th.
A confirmation email will be sent to the contact email address on the application once it has been received. If you have any questions or need assistance through this process, please call (334) 272-9883 or email Katy Brasfield at email@example.com.
There are a limited number of hay bales available, so please note the key dates below to ensure you submit your forms on time and secure your hay bale:
- Friday, September 17th: Registration forms due at either Town Hall of Founders Station, no later than 5:00 PM. Don’t forget to sign the confirmation list and grab your marker flag before you leave!
- September 20 – October 1: Hay bale delivery - Make sure your marker flag is visibly placed in the location you want your hay bale delivered prior to Sept. 20.
- October 2-24: Decorate and Tell Us Your Story!*
- October 24: Hay bales will be judged. Hay bale entries MUST be completed prior to 12:00 PM/noon on this date.
- October 25: Winners announced on Mondays with the Mayor at 12:30 PM + People’s Choice Judging begins on Facebook. Be sure to place your vote by “liking” the photo of your favorite hay bale before voting closes at 10 PM on Sunday, October 31st .
- October 31: People’s Choice Winners Announced.
- November 8: Please leave your hay bales decorated until this date.
- November 9-20: Hay bale pickup begins. On the Hay, Look at Us! application you can opt to have you hay bale picked up during this collection period OR you can keep your hay bale past this collection period. If you opt to have your hay bale picked-up by us, please make sure all the decorations you want to keep are removed prior to November 9th. If you opt to keep your hay bale after November 20th, you are responsible for having it removed.
*Hay, Look at Us! is a great way to connect with friends and neighbors - not only those in your neighborhood, but also across the Town of Pike Road community. We want to share the stories of your hay bale inspiration and the teamwork it takes to transform a hay bale into a proud work of art, so we encourage you to share pictures and videos with us on social media - just use our hashtag, #mypikeroad, and tag @townofpikeroad on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also email your Hay, Look at Us! stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams that share their stories and pictures with us will have the opportunity to win the newest addition to the Hay, Look at Us! awards categories: the Team Spirit Award.
Hay, Look at Us! is an ENHANCE Initiative event made possible each year by the Neighborhood Leaders and Community Enrichment committees. We look forward to seeing all the fabulous community creations this fall!