10th Annual Veterans Appreciation Ceremony
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us on Sunday, Nov. 7, as we honor the men and women who have sacrificed so much to keep our country free! The 10th Annual Veterans Appreciation Ceremony will begin at 2 p.m. at the Pike Road Veterans Memorial at Veterans Park, 4902 Pike Road. The Capitol Sounds Concert Band will begin providing patriotic tunes at 1:30 p.m., and the Ceremony will begin at 2 p.m.
The event will feature the Veterans Walk of Honor, the dedication of new commemorative bricks installed in our Veterans Memorial, music by the Capitol Sounds, the Presentation of the Colors, and remarks by a distinguished guest speaker.
Thank you to the community volunteers who contribute their time and talent to honor our veterans at this meaningful event!
- Pastor Lester Spencer of St. James Church will present the invocation.
- Pike Road Intermediate School Student Government Association will lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The National Anthem will be performed by the IMPACT Children’s Choir from St. James Church.
- The Presentation of the Colors and the Wreath Laying Ceremony will be led by the Auburn University Montgomery Army ROTC Color Guard.
- Distinguished guest speaker, Lt. General James B. Hecker, Commander and President of Air University at Maxwell Air Force Base, will present remarks.
- Town of Pike Road Mayor Gordon Stone will dedicate newly-installed, personalized bricks honoring individual veterans in the Pike Road Veteran’s Memorial.
- Chaplain Dwayne Hughes, USA, Ret., of Pike Road Baptist Church, will close the Ceremony with a benediction.
The community is invited to join us as we celebrate and honor our nation's heroes, and all veterans are invited to be a part of this special program. We hope to see you on Nov. 7!