Mon, Sep 18|
Town of Pike Road Town Hall
2023 Hay, Look at Us! Registration
The Town of Pike Road’s annual community hay bale decorating contest Hay, Look at Us! is rolling into town, and all we need to get started is YOU!
Time & Location
Sep 18, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Town of Pike Road Town Hall, 9575 Vaughn Rd, Pike Rd, AL 36064, USA
About the Event
The Town of Pike Road’s annual community hay bale decorating contest Hay, Look at Us! is rolling into town, and all we need to get started is YOU! The town provides the hay bale, you provide the teamwork and creativity. Gather your Pike Road neighborhood, business, church or service organization, and complete the application by 5 p.m. on September 18th to participate in this fall-favorite event. Click here to access the application: https://bit.ly/45taYDo.
All registration packets MUST be completed and returned no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, September 18th. Print a registration packet from our website or pick up a packet at Town Hall (9575 Vaughn Rd). Return your completed application in one of two ways:
- Drop off your completed application at Town Hall during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., Friday. While you’re there, complete the registration checklist: pick up a Hay, Look at Us! entry sign and a marker flag, which will accompany your hay bale, and sign the registration checklist.
- Completed applications can be scanned or photographed using your mobile device and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you submit your applications via email, you MUST ALSO visit the registration table at Town Hall to sign the registration checklist and pick up hay bale placement marker flags and entry yard signs by 5:00 PM on Monday, September 19th.
A confirmation email will be sent to the contact email address on the application once it has been received. If you have any questions or need assistance through this process, please call (334) 272-9883 or email Jennifer Grace Arnold at email@example.com.
There are a limited number of hay bales available, so please note the key dates below to ensure you submit your forms on time and secure your hay bale:
- Monday, September 18: Registration Forms due at Town Hall or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM. Don’t forget to grab your marker flag/entry yard sign before you leave!
- September 25 – October 6: Hay bale delivery - Make sure your marker flag is visibly placed in the location you want your hay bale delivered prior to Sept. 25.
- October 7-21: Decorate and Tell Us Your Story!**
- October 22: Hay bales will be judged. Hay bale entries MUST be completed prior to 10:00 AM.
- October 23: Winners announced on Mondays with the Mayor at 12:30 PM + People’s Choice Judging begins on Facebook. Be sure to place your vote by “liking” the photo of your favorite hay bale before voting closes at 10 PM on Sunday, October 29th.
- October 29: People’s Choice Winners Announced.
- November 5: Please leave your hay bales decorated until this date.
- November 13: Hay bale pickup begins.
We want to share the stories of your hay bale inspiration and the teamwork it takes to transform a hay bale into a proud work of art! Share pictures and videos with us on social media - just use our hashtag, #mypikeroad, and tag @townofpikeroad on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also email your Hay, Look at Us! stories and pictures to email@example.com. Teams that share their stories and pictures with us will have the opportunity to win the newest addition to the Hay, Look at Us! awards categories: the Team Spirit Award.
Hay, Look at Us! is an ENHANCE Initiative event made possible each year by the Neighborhood Leaders and Community Enrichment committees. We look forward to seeing all the fabulous community creations this fall!