Fri, Mar 24|
Pike Road Ag, Rec, and Arts Park
The Woods in Your Back Yard - Ag & Stewardship Workshop
Explore land management basics, assess your property's resources and possibilities, and more on Mar. 24 with the Ag & Stewardship Club! We'll tackle everything from tree ID to wildlife habitat management, as well as helping you set goals and make plans for your property.
Time & Location
Mar 24, 2023, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Pike Road Ag, Rec, and Arts Park, 6281 Trotman Rd, Montgomery, AL 36116, USA
About the Event
Join us on Mar. 24 as we tackle "The Woods in Your Back Yard" with Alabama Cooperative Extension Agent Lynn Dickinson and the Ag & Stewardship Club! This workshop will be held from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Pike Road Agriculture, Recreation & Performing Arts Park (6281 Trotman Rd). The workshop costs $30 per person / $45 per couple, which includes a guidebook, workbook, and lunch. Registration is required. Click here to register: https://www.aces.edu/event/the-woods-in-your-backyard/!
The Woods in Your Back Yard Workshop will cover topics including:
- Why and how you should manage your land.
- Map your land, assess why you bought it, and decide what you hope to get out of it.
- Understand how your land relates to the land around you.
- Identify land management units on your property.
- Learn basics of tree identification, forestry, and wildlife habitat management.
- Assess your property's water resources, recreational possibilities, and aesthetic appeal, and ways to improve each.
- Choose a few land management projects to help meet your goals.
- Set a timetable and mark progress.
The Woods in Your Back Yard is the March installation of the 2023 Ag & Stewardship Seminar Series, presented in partnership by the Pike Road Ag & Stewardship Club and the Montgomery County branch of The Alabama Cooperative Extension System.